Emmett body therapy helps to ease pain and discomfort by applying pressure on specific muscle groups.
Bowen is our hands on remedial therapy can be administered with the client sitting, standing or lying. Our experienced practitioner, Penny, makes small, rolling hand movements over muscles, tendons, ligaments and soft issues at precise points of the body.
Symptoms for both therapies help relieve the following including:
neck, shoulder, knee, ankle pain and restriction
headaches, back and hip pain and sports injuries
pregancy and birth issues
A non-intrusive, gentle and highly effective light touch complementary therapy that can be done through light clothing. Promotes healing, pain and stress relief and recovery of energy and can be helpful for people of all ages and states of health.
- a remedial therapy developed by Australian Tom Bowen in the 1960s
- a non-intrusive, gentle and highly effective light touch complementary therapy that promotes relaxation and relieves stress
- involves a sequence of gentle moves with hands over muscle and soft tissue, interspersed with periods of rest.
- Treats the whole body rather than a specific condition
- encourages the body to recognise and make changes necessary to bring it back in balance
- can be done through light clothing
- can be helpful for people of all ages and states of health
The Emmett Technique is a unique body therapy created by Remedial Therapist Ross Emmett.
It is useful in addressing pain and discomfort and improving restrictions in movement.
The technique uses light finger pressure and gentle switches in specific locations initiating the gentle release of tension in many problem areas such as neck, shoulder and back
The Emmett Technique can be used on its own or alongside other therapies.
Clients can be treated sitting, standing or lying down and treatment can be done through clothing.
The Emmett Technique can produce dramatic and instantaneous results with most clients recognising the improvements in pain levels and range of movement before leaving the clinic
Uses specific techniques of holds and pressures on the feet (or hands) and promotes healing, pain and stress relief in the whole body. Can be as relaxing as a whole body massage
- uses specific techniques of holds and pressures on the (feet or hands) that are believed to correspond to areas or organs of the body
- can be as relaxing as a whole body massage
- improves mood
- aids sleep
- help relieve tension
- improves sense of well-being
Penny Gibbings – Combined Therapist – Emmett Bowen & Reflexology Emmett Instructor
Qualifications and Accreditations: BA (Joint Hons), PGCE, MBTPA, MCNHC
Penny is a highly experienced teacher specialising in Science and provision for children with special educational needs for over 20 years.
For the last 14 years she has worked as a Combined Therapist treating people with stress, pain and discomfort. Penny is one of four Emmett Instructors in the UK and runs regular courses locally. She runs one day Emmett introductory courses for anybody who wants to help themselves, family and friends as well as full Emmett practitioner courses. Penny has been out to Bosnia on a number of occasions with the charity Healing Hands.
Please contact me, without obligation, if you want to know more or to discuss how I may help you. Tel: 024 7654 2837 or 07957 324360 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details on Penny’s website – please have a look! www.pennygibbings.co.uk